The Council of Catholic School Superintendents of Alberta is a community of disciples leading and building Catholic education.
As lead educators in service of children and communities in Alberta, we provide a provincial perspective, discusses and initiates direction, and communicates the reason for Catholic Education and its value to society.
Values and Principles
In our role as servant-leaders in Catholic education:
- We recognize we are instruments of formation.
- We witness to the presence of Christ in each child; and children are core to all of our decisions.
- We are committed to our own faith formation.
- We are Christian disciples modelling gospel values in all of our words and actions, particularly in situations of conflict.
- We proudly and continuously proclaim the benefits of Catholic education to our partners, stakeholders, and the public at large.
- We proactively identify and address the challenging issues in Catholic education.
In our relationships as a community of disciples:
- We recognize and honour our diversity, and the demands of our individual situations.
- We look for every opportunity to speak with one voice on matters affecting the well-being and sustainability of Catholic education in Alberta.
- We assume the best intentions of each person.
- We commit to active involvement in the organization.
- We build complimentary relationships with our partners, other stakeholders and the public.
We are dedicated to providing quality education and the principle of excellence; and therefore, we commit to collectively growing in knowledge and to making informed decisions based on shared research.